On one of my visits to a restaurant in Paris, I decided to go vegetarian and ordered a Mushroom Cheese Burger for the very first time in life. I was expecting a patty with a slice of cheese just how one would serve in India. But I was taken by surprise when a huge Portobello mushroom stuffed with cheese and jalepino peppers was thrust into my burger buns. Not knowing whether to dig in or order something else. Reluctantly I grabbed a bite and there was a burst of flavours in my mouth. The combination of the ingredients was just on point. I so loved this dish that I tried to recreate it minus the buns with an Indian touch to it. It’s prepared with minimum ingredients and its quite healthy for you. So hope you like the cheesy stuffed mushrooms 🙂
- 250 g button mushrooms
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 8-10 finely chopped green olives
- 2-3 green chillies finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh cream
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper powder
- 1 tsp Olivr Oil
|Prep Time : 10 mins||Cooking Time : 10 mins||Serves : 2-3|
Procedure to make cheesy stuffed mushrooms
Time needed: 20 minutes.
Clean, wash and pat dry the mushrooms on a kitchen towel and keep aside
In a large bowl mix together all the ingredients except for olive oil
Combine all the ingredients well and keep aside
Remove the stems of the mushrooms to fill in the cheesy stuffing.
Fill in the stuffing well inside the hollow part of the mushrooms and keep on a baking tray
Pre-heat oven at 180° and bake for about 10-15 mins or until the cheese melts. Your cheesy stuffed mushrooms are ready to be gobbled.
If you are fond of healthy fusion food then I’m sure you would also like HealthyZucchinifritters by us.
- You can use any type of cheese. I have used Gouda.
- At 8 minutes you can check on the mushrooms and see if they have turned golden brown, if not you can increase the time to another 5 more mintues
- You can also check out ; https://www.tarladalal.com/Cheesy-Mushrooms-Mushroom-Stuffed-with-Cheese-Starter-511r