When I first ordered chilli cheese bites at Burger king, I was blown away with it’s taste. I fell in love with them instantly. It was my new obsession then and it continues to remain even today. But only 4 bites for 4.5€ was a little too much to spend on every week so I decided to go home and try making my very own chilli cheese bites. They are so different from what I’ve had at Venky’s in India or some other fast food joint. This one beats them all 🙂 Do try out this classic recipe of chilli cheese bites and get ready to be blown away : )
- 4 slices of cheddar cheese
- 2 – 3 finely chopped green chillies/ Few chopped Jalapenos (optional)
- 4 slices of plain processed cheese
- 1/2 tsp pepper powder
- 1/4 tsp red chilli powder/ cayenne powder
- Salt to taste (just a pinch will do or as per your taste)
- 1 egg beaten
- bread crumbs for coating
- 1 sheet of kling wrap
- oil to fry
|Prep time : 1- 2 hrs||Cooking time : 10 mins||Serves : 3|
Procedure to make chilli cheese bites
Using the double method, melt cheese in a non – stick pan until liquidy on medium flame. Stir occassionally.
Now add in the chopped chillies, pepper powder, red chilli powder and salt (if you’d like) stir the contents well.
Then place a sheet of kling wrap on a smooth surface or a chopping board and spread the melted cheese mixture onto it.
Roll the kling wrap and pack it’s corners. Refrigerate for 1 -2 hrs
Open the kling wrap and cut the roll into small bite size chunks
Now beat one egg in a bowl and take some bread crumbs in another bowl.
Dip the chilii cheese bite into the egg mixture, followed by the bread crumbs. Repeat step once again.
Now heat oil in pan and fry the nuggets from both side until golden brown on low- medium flame. (read tips)
Then drain on a kitchen absorbant towel and serve hot with tomato or barbeque sauce. Your chilli cheese bites are ready to be gobbled up.
- If you see cheese oozing out, before its golden brown, then probably your cooking on high flame. So reduce the flame or you have’nt coated them well.
- Fry just until you get your golden, brown colour or they may overcook
Check out for other chilli cheese bites here