On my very first visit to Barbeque Nation I instantly fell in love with this dish and since then there has been no looking back. I’m sure every person who has been there irrespective of being a vegetarian or non vegetarian simply adores this dish. What’s so special about the Barbeque Nation style cajun potatoes ? This humble dish is a combination of crispy fried potatoes, soaked in a creamy thick sauce seasoned with the cajun mix. It’s very simply to make the cajun mix and the taste will be en point. You can’t tell if it’s made at home or if your dining at your favourite place. Do try out my restaurant style veg crispy and falafels
- 4 large boiled potatoes boiled and cubed or 20 boiled baby potatoes
- 150 g fresh, thick curd/ Greek Yoghurt
- 100 g fresh cream
- 1/2 medium size onion finely chopped
- few sprigs of coriander finely chopped
- 2 tbsps tomato sauce
- oil to fry
For cajun spice mix
- 1/4 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp red chilli powder/ cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp mixed herbs ( I have used snapin Italian seasoning one)
|Prep time : 20 mins||Total time : 30 mins||Serves : 3 – 4|
Procedure to make Barbeque nation style cajun potatoes
Clean, wash and boil the potatoes in a pressure cook until nice and soft. Upon cooling chop the potatoes without peeling them.
Heat oil in a deep bottomed pan and fry the potatoes until crisp and brown. Add a little bit of salt while frying. Drain on a kitchen absorbant towel and set aside.
- Preparing the sauce
Beat curd/youghurt and cream together in a small bowl.
Add all the seasoning mentioned under cajun spice mix and mix well
Add in tomato sauce/ketchup and a pinch of salt according to your taste and mix well again. (If your seasoning has added salt, then check before adding)
Now add the chopped onion to it.
Sprinkle some fresh coriander too
Now add the potatoes to the sauce and mix nicely making sure that they’re well coated in the sauce. (If using baby potatoes then flatten them from the top and pour the sauce over it before serving)
Your Barbeque Nation style cajun potatoes are ready to be gobbled. Serve immediately.
Tips/ Serving suggestion
- If you plan to make the sauce in advance then refrigerate it so as to serve it cold along with the potatoes.
- Do not add extremely hot potatoes to the sauce or it may break down the sauce.
- If you dont wish to mix the potatoes to the sauce then just pour the sauce over them.
- You could even add onion just at the end before serving to retain its crunchiness
Hot garlic chicken | Crispy Chicken in hot garlic sauce
Chicken tandoori without oven | How to make chicken tandoori
Burger king style chilli cheese bites ⎪ How to make Chilli cheese nuggets ⎪ Chilli cheese bites