Green chutney is prepared in several different ways according to the cuisine. Green chutney is often associated with spice owing to its green colour derived from Indian hot chillies. No chaat is complete without this sauce. It goes well with samosas, batata wadas, dhoklas, kachoris, breadpakora and many other savoury snacks. It’s a must have in all sweet shops. So today, I have decided to share my very own green chutney for chaat recipe with you all. I hope you like it and enjoy its taste. Do try out my Imli chutney too when you’re making chaats
- 5 -6 green chillies
- 1 cup fresh mint pudina
- 100 g gathiya shev/chickpea thick noodles
- 1 handful of chopped coriander
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp anardana/pomegranate seeds
Procedure to make green chutney recipe
Grind all the ingredients together with a little bit of water
To have a little thin consistency, just before serving add some water to it.
- If you like more spice you can increase the quantity of green chillies in the chutney
- You could replace gathiya with roasted chana dal instead.
- This chutney is suitable for chaats and bhel puri as you add in other ingredients to balance the spice.