If you’re looking for quick and healthy breakfast ideas, try making smoothie bowls. They are extremely nutritious, filling and yummy at the same time. I recently tried making strawberry and banana smoothie bowl and it turned out just as I had imagined. You can throw in some fresh fruits, some of your favourite nuts, You could experiment with the flavours and make fun breakfast for yourself. Even kids will love this attractive breakfast. I’m sharing this recipe of mine with you which you could alter and update as per your taste. Do let me know how you found out the recipe to be 🙂 You could also try my choco banana smoothie bowl and other breakfast recipes if you love this one.
- 3 cups approximately 200 ml almond/soya/skimmed milk
- 300 – 500 g strawberries
- 2 big bananas
- Sugar as per your taste and requirement
- 3 tsps of fresh cream ( optional )
- 1 bowl of your preferred cereal. ( I have used Muselli)
- 3 -4 tsps chia seeds
- Handful of nuts
- Some reserved fruits for topping
|Prep Time : 5 mins||Total time : 10 mins||No. Of bowls : 3|
Procedure to make strawberry and banana smoothie bowl
Blend together milk, strawberries, banana, sugar and cream to get a smooth milkshake
Now pour the contents into a bowl.
Now add some cereal beginning from the left, followed by some fresh fruits, chia seeds and nuts. Or You could arrange it however you like.
Your delicious smoothie bowl is ready to be served.
- If you are vegan, you could exclude adding cream to your smoothie bowl.
- If you want, you could soak the chia seeds before adding them. I haven’t soaked them. I prefer this way.
- If you want you could add some chia seeds while blending the milkshake.
- You could serve as dessert for kids by just addling a blob of vanilla ice cream.
- You can also serve it with granola or oats