Vegan smoothie bowls are becoming quite popular these days. These healthy bowls packed with the goodness of fresh ingredients and nutrients are a must have in your daily diet. Since it was my first attempt at making one I decided to choose my favourite flavour i.e chocolate. The recipe is simple, easy to follow and your breakfast is prepared in minutes without much ado. So try making the choco banana smoothie bowl and let me know how you found it to be. If you love being creative with your breakfast do try out my other breakfast recipes cheese capsicum toast and healthy zucchini fritters.
- 1 cup almond milk/ soya milk (full fat milk for non vegans)
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 tbsp roasted oats
- handful of roasted nuts (I have used walnuts)
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsps of chia seeds
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- Chocolate sauce for topping (optional)
- Choco chips for topping (optional)
|Prep Time : 5 mins
|Total time : 10 mins
|Serves : Makes 1 large bowl
Procedure to make choco banana smoothie bowl
Add 1 chopped banana, milk, cocoa powder, sugar and oats to a mixer grinder and blend well to form a smooth puree
Now transfer the contents of the blender into a serving bowl
Chop a few slices of banana and arrange on one end, followed by chia seeds, nuts and chocolate chips. Drizzle a little bit of chocolate sauce at the end. Your healthy smoothie bowl is ready to be served.
- You could also add Granola bars instead of oats to make your puree.
- If you don’t have chocolate chips you could use crushed chocolate biscuit too
- I have used walnuts, you could replace them almonds or hazelnuts.
- If you are not vegan, then you could try making the same with full fat cream milk too.
- You could use honey instead of sugar too.